[Postfix espanol] 1st Release of Tequila

Simon J Mudd sjmudd en pobox.com
Mar Ene 22 16:52:05 CET 2002

From: Holger.Jahn en dachser.dpd.de (Holger Jahn)
Subject: 1st Release of Tequila
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:25:35 +0000 (UTC)
To: Postfix Userliste <postfix-users en postfix.org>

Hi, Postfix users!

I'm really proud to announce my first release of Tequila!

After some weeks of administration, I've got what I wanted most:
a new Linux mailserver with softraid-mirrored disks, running DjbDNS,
Apache, Postfix and Vm-pop3d (to get rid of these awful unix email
accounts).

But then it seemed to be much cooler to have some additions to the
mailserver part....

4 weeks (full of swearing) later, I finally have what I dreamed about:

  Tequila ("Tool Equipment for Lazy Admins") *hick*

  Tequila is a tool set for administration tasks on a Postfix mailserver.

  The Tequila programs are written in Perl and intended to run as CGI
  programs under an Apache webserver.

  With these tools, you are able to:

  * Create, edit and remove virtual mail domains, user mail accounts
    and mail distribution lists.

  * Delegate your virtual domain administration to different domain
    admins (and protect particular accounts against deletion or even
    visibility at the same time).

  * Let your mail users configure their mail forwarding and autoreply
    for a vacation time (including automatic activation/deactivation
    within the given duration of absence).

  * Let your domain admins do the job mentioned above within their own
    domain for every account.

  * Create special mail accounts with arbitrary embedded backend scripts.
    Tequila comes with a script called "detachmail", which can split off
    attachments specified by name and transfer the recoded files to a ftp
    server (this includes autoreplying of status mails to the sender and
    to a circle of ftp-server admins).

  Some details:
  -------------

  At present, Tequila consists of five different modules (cgi-programs),
  which are all accessible by Tequila's web interface.

  The programs are:

  'Tequila Admin' the main instance for the master password and delivery.

  'Mail Domains' to create/modify/remove domains and do special accounting.

  'Mail Accounts' to create/modify/remove accounts and distribution lists.

  'Autoreply' to manage autoreplying and forwarding, including validation.

  'Detachmail' to manage detachmail, a script to detach attachments and
               then send them via ftp to a ftp-server.

  'Postfix' very much of nothing.

  The sixth menue button is empty right now, but will soon be filled with
  some admin stuff for the Postfix mailing system (queue status, memory
  consumption, top, etc and whatever),

  Download
  --------

  Have a look at http://www.holgilein.de/coolprox/tequila

  You'll find the Tequila pages in German and English.

  I have produced 2 versions yet, one in German, one in English (I
  probably will make an i18n'ed version on demand, depending on the
  public response).

  The latest versions contain some examples and - hopefully - enough docs
  to get it installed trouble-free. The published codes are the same I
  have in use at work (300 accounts - No play toys, boys!). If something
  won't work the way I expect, I'll be the first one who recognises.

  Please give me feedback if you find any strange things in Tequila, or if
  you have some even cooler ideas to put in.

  And don't forget: enjoy it!

Holger

PS: To Wietse and all contributors: Many, many thanks for Postfix at all!
-

Simon
--
Simon J Mudd,   Tel: +34-91-408 4878,  Mobile: +34-605-085 219
Madrid, Spain.  email: sjmudd en pobox.com,  Postfix RPM Packager

-