Experimental postfix-rpms released -- feedback appreciated

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Fri Dec 22 23:39:17 CET 2000

I've just uploaded to

http://www.pobox.com/~sjmudd/postfix/experimental-packages

	postfix-20001217-3.src.rpm
	postfix-20001217-3.i386.rpm
	postfix.spec
	postfix.spec.in
	make-postfix.spec

This package allows you to build a postfix package with openldap
(default), mysql, pcre and auth support.

It should also setup the correct Requires: for rh7 to clear up the
mess with the new db3 etc.

The binary package is almost unchanged except I've included the openldap
support as supposedly it's included by default on rh6 and rh7.

If you want to build with one of these options do the following:

1. install the .src.rpm (as usual)
2. set the various POSTFIX_options (below) to 1 according to your needs
   These include:

	POSTFIX_SMTPD_MULTILINE_GREETING
	POSTFIX_SAFE_MYNETWORKS
	POSTFIX_BROKEN_AUTH
	POSTFIX_LDAP
	POSTFIX_PCRE
	POSTFIX_MYSQL
	POSTFIX_SASL
3. export these variables
4. save the original spec file if you need to
5. build a new spec file

	sh make-postfix.spec

This will build the appropriate binary and src rpms.

Note: to see how/what you've built, the spec file shows a header of
the various options (and the platform).

I'm aware that this is not a conventional way to build and distribute
rpms, but I think it's slightly better than having to do everything
yourself.  I know several of you always build from the src rpms so this
shouldn't really be that different for you.

Please notify me of any improvements, problems or success as my setup at
home doesn't really allow me to do more than test for the basic setup
which I use.  If it works correctly with pcre, mysql or auth let me know.

NOTE: These packages are experimental take care if using them in anything
but a test environment.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Simon