POSTFIX RPM: postfix-20001217-8 [now building for rh7]

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Sat Jan 6 13:04:44 CET 2001

This message is to inform you that after upgrading my machine to rh7, I've
now uploaded a rh7 built binary and source packages postfix-20001217-8.

The original packages (built on rh6.2-1) have been renamed "-8rh6".

I only have one linux machine running redhat so will be building rh7
packages from now on, and am unable to build rh6 packages.

The binary packages will probably not install on rh6 machines due to
different db library dependencies and (see below) you will probably need
to upgrade rpm to the latest v3 package.

Therefore if you are using rh6 you will need to download the source
packages and build the binary packages yourself.

Instructions are given in
    http://www.pobox.com/~sjmudd/postfix/RPMS/i386/postfix-README

If your version of rpm can't read the rh7 packages, please upgrade to
rpm-3.0.6 (I think).  The latest rpm v3 will be able to read the source
package and allow you to build the binary package correctly on your
machine.

This is a mess, but most of you may have seen on postfix-users that the
upgrade to rh7 causes pain.  I apologise for the inconvenience.

If anyone is willing to build rh6 binary packages for me based on newer
releases of postfix please let me know as I'll upload these to my website,
and will add the appropriate rh6 suffix to the version.

Regards,

Simon
--
Simon J Mudd, Madrid SPAIN    Tel: +34-91-408 4878    email: sjmudd at pobox.com