[Postfix RPMs] snapshot-20010525 updated (and help needed)

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Fri Jun 8 19:41:19 CEST 2001

To try and make this package "distribution independent" I've made several
modifications to the spec file.

For those of you who have access to a linux machine which runs RPM but is
not running RedHat linux (Mandrake, Polish Linux, SuSE, ...) I would
appreciate any feedback as to the success or otherwise of _building_ my
package from the source rpm.

The source RPM can be found from:

Postfix Source packages:
	http://www.pobox.com/~sjmudd/postfix/
		SRPMS/postfix-20010525snapshot-5.src.rpm

Building instructions are (this won't affect the running sendmail or
postfix):

	download .src.rpm
	rpm -Ivh postfix-20010525snapshot-5.src.rpm
	( cd `rpm --eval %{_sourcedir}`; sh postfix-build )

Feedback which I'd appreciate is:

	distrubution used
	error messages etc.
	output of rpm -qa | egrep '(release|db)'

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,

Simon
--