[postfix-rpm-announce] postfix-20010228_pl02release-1.1 released

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Wed May 2 10:21:55 CEST 2001

This message is just to announce availabliltiy of the latest release
version of postfix in RedHat RPM package format.

Built under: RedHat 7.0-1

Version: postfix-20010228-pl02

Original Source Directory & file(s):
	ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/official/
		postfix-20010228-pl02.tar.gz

Postfix Source and binary packages:
	http://www.pobox.com/~sjmudd/postfix/
		SRPMS/postfix-20010228_pl02release-1.1.src.rpm
		rh7x/RPMS/i386/postfix-20010228_pl02release-1.1.i386.rpm

Changes since postfix-20010228_pl01release-5:

- Upgrade to postfix-20010228-pl02
- Sorry about the strange release number (1.1)
- Incorporate Jim S. Seymour's pflogsumm.pl into the postfix package
  - this is used to do log summary analysis, before the log rotation
    of the mail server logs.
  - pflogsumm.pl requires a perl module Date::Calc for complete
    functionality.  The cron job detects whether the perl module is
    present and if not removes the parts of the script which depend on
    this before executing it.
  - to disable the cron functionality just modify /etc/cron.daily/1postfix

Please note that if you use RedHat 6.x you can build the binary package
from the source RPM.  If someone provides me with a binary package I'll
upload it to ~sjmudd/postfix/rh6x/RPMS/i386/.

Daniel Roesen has provided me with a postfix rpm compiled on redhat 7.1
This works on my RedHat 7.0 machine in the standard configuration.
Several libraries, including openldap have been upgraded in the upgrade to
7.1 so you may have interoperability problems attempting to use a 7.0
binary rpm on 7.1 or vice versa when including functionality such as
openldap, ... (be careful and if necessary build your own).

Please report any problems to me.

Regards,

Simon J Mudd
--