[Postfix RPMs] Warning - Postfix binary RPMS running on RedHat 7.2

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Sat Oct 27 11:19:39 CEST 2001

Hello all,

I've just received a message from someone who has informed me that my
binary rpms which I built on 7.1 won't install on 7.2.  This is due to an
upgrade from db3-3.1 to db3-3.2 and the binary rpms require the db3-3.1
library to work.

I think however that if you download the source rpm and rebuild it on 7.2
the resulting binary rpm should work without problems.

I will shortly be upgrading my machine to 7.2 which means that any new
rpms I produce will possibly not install on earlier 7.x releases for
exactly the same reason.

I'm not sure if there is any way around this, and if this turns out to be
the case I'll have to reorganise my binary rpm directory structure to
reflect this.

Sorry for the confusion and hope this doesn't cause too many problems.

If someone is willing to build binary 7.1 rpms for me I'll upload them to
my site, as I have done with the alpha and sparc rpms which are available.

Best regards,

Simon
Simon J Mudd, Madrid SPAIN.   email: sjmudd at pobox.com
Tel: +34-91-408 4878,   Mobile: +34-605-085 219