[Postfix RPMs] [OT] Warning about problems Accessing my web site http://www.WL0.org

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Wed Apr 24 23:00:11 CEST 2002

Hello All,

I'm extending this message to a reasonably broad audience because I think
that several people may be experiencing the same problem.

I've received several reports over the last few days of problems accessing
my website.  The URL I use is http://pobox.com/~sjmudd/postfix (or a
subdirectory thereof) which is redirected to
http://www.WL0.org/~sjmudd/postfix.

Since the beginning of April my Internet Provider, Terra in Spain, has
been installing "transparent proxies" between their customers ADSL and the
rest of the Internet.  These proxies work in both directions.  They
effectively filter any connections directed to my web server, the request
being received by the proxy and made indirectly to my machine.  Thus my
web server only see accesses from two different IP addresses.  You as an
HTTP client will not be aware of this.

However these proxies do not appear to refresh data correctly and several
people have noticed that several of my pages are not being shown
correctly.

If you appear to have this problem please let me know (in private).

I'd also point out that my RPMs can be obtained from the following
places:

via anonymous ftp at
        ftp://ftp.WL0.org/              Madrid, Spain (my site)
        ftp://ftp.everdigital.org/      Houston, Texas, USA
        ftp://ftp.shuttleamerica.com    Windsor Locks, Connecticut, USA

via rsync at
        rsync.shuttleamerica.com::postfix

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Patrick Reich and Tom Diehl for
providing these mirrors.

I'm still trying to get an answer from my ISP and if they don't stop this
I'll probably have to look for an alternative provider.

Please accept my apologies and bear with me while I attempt to work on a
solution.

Regards,

Simon
--
Simon J Mudd,   Tel: +34-91-408 4878,  Mobile: +34-605-085 219
Madrid, Spain.  email: sjmudd at pobox.com,  Postfix RPM Packager

| BODY of a message to majordomo at WL0.org                                  |