[Postfix RPMs] need to rebuild db files when upgrading to 1.1.11-11

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Thu Oct 31 20:17:14 CET 2002

Hello All,

It seems that those of you _upgrading_ to postfix 1.1.11-11 from previous
versions of my binary package may need to rebuild the .db maps and
aliases.  This is because previous binary packages where built on rh 7.2
and this latest package was built on rh 7.3 which uses a different db 3.3.

It appears that the db binary formats change from one db version to the
next and can't be read by different db libraries (I think this is the
case) and therefore if you see the package upgrade failing with an error
report of the form "open database <file>: unknown error xxxx" then try
rebuilding the various alias and map .db files.

Simon
--
Simon J Mudd, Postfix RPM Packager, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
email: sjmudd at pobox.com, Tel: +31-627-592 627

| BODY of a message to majordomo at WL0.org                                  |