[Postfix RPMs] postfix-2.1.4-5 SRPM available [with new automatic build script]

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Tue Aug 24 21:06:46 CEST 2004

I have uploaded to my ftp/web site a new source RPM (no binaries).  This
is intended for testing the build procedures using options not present in
the "standard" binary RPM.

Changes since previous version
------------------------------

- add new script make-postfix.rpm which simplifies rebuilding the binary
   RPM, optionally allowing you to use the configuration options defined
   in the currently installed rpm, or from another postfix.spec.cf file.

This src rpm should build on RedHat 7.2, 7.3, 8, 9, Fedora Core and RedHat
Entreprise 3.

There is NO functional change of the binary rpms so no upgrade is needed.
However I would appreciate any feedback on success or failure of this new
simplified build procedure.

Postfix Source package (server located in Japan, Tokyo):
   http://ftp.WL0.org/official/2.1/SRPMS/postfix-2.1.4-5.src.rpm

Mirror of FTP Site:
   http://postfix.etes.de/ftp.wl0.org		Germany, Stuttgart
   ftp://nl.WL0.org				Netherlands, Amsterdam
   ftp://ftp.cs.uu.nl/mirror/ftp.wl0.org		Netherlands, Utrecht
   http://ftp.iestradas.pt/postfix/ftp.wl0.org	Portugal
   ftp://ftp.sanguine.net/pub/postfix/		Japan, Tokyo
   ftp://es.WL0.org				Spain, Madrid
   http://ftp.uma.es/Linux/postfix-rpms/ftp	Spain, Malaga
   ftp://ftp.crpts.com/mirrors/postfix/		USA, Houston, TX
   ftp://ftp.nobandwidth.net/pub/postfix-mudd/	USA, Milford, New Hampshire

Web Interface to CVS Repository of packaging files:
   http://www.WL0.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi

Below is an extract from postfix.spec.cf which indicates how the new
make-postfix.rpm script can be used:

--- snip ---
# 2. POSTFIX RPM [RE-]BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS
#
# To rebuild the rpm you MUST first download and install the Postfix source
# RPM. Options 2.1 and 2.2 assume that you have a recent version of my RPM
# installed which includes /etc/postfix/postfix.spec.cf.
#
# Once you have installed the source RPM do the following:
#
# 2.1 Upgrading the build with the same options as your running system
#
#       # Create some temporary variables for building
#       SRC=`rpm --eval '%{_sourcedir}' | sed 's;%{name};postfix;'`
#
#       # Build the rpm
#       sh ${SRC}/make-postfix.rpm -cu
#
# 2.2 Upgrading the build with the same options as another running system
#
#       # Create some temporary variables for building
#       SRC=`rpm --eval '%{_sourcedir}' | sed 's;%{name};postfix;'`
#
#       # Build the rpm
#       sh ${SRC}/make-postfix.rpm -cf /path/to/postfix.spec.cf
#
# 2.3 Building postfix with specific options
#
#       # Create some temporary variables for building
#       SRC=`rpm --eval '%{_sourcedir}' | sed 's;%{name};postfix;'`
#
#       # Set the appropriate environment variables for building the spec file
#       export POSTFIX_TLS=1        # for example
#       export POSTFIX_PCRE=1       # for example
#
#       # Build the rpm
#       sh ${SRC}/make-postfix.rpm
#
# In all cases the result is a new source and binary rpm suitable for
# the distribution you are using.
#
# make-postfix.rpm -h gives help on the script's usage
--- snip ---

Regards,

Simon J Mudd
| BODY of a message to majordomo at WL0.org                                  |