[Postfix RPMs] Re: HEADSUP: postfix-2.1.5-3 RPMs available for more platforms [correction]

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Sat Nov 6 09:46:10 CET 2004

In my previous message I wrongly attributed the thanks for the latest
Fedora Core RPMs.  The thanks should go to Harald Kapper for building
these rpms.  My apologies to Harald for this mistake.

---------- Corrected message follows ----------

Thanks to Aaron P. Martinez <aaron at proficuous.com> for providing Postfix
2.0 and 2.1 RPMS for RHEL 2.1[*].  Thanks also to Harald Kapper for
providing Fedora Core 1 & 2 RPMS.

Full list of latest packages (for Postfix 2.1):

Distribution	Architecture	Latest Version
------------	------------	--------------
Source rpm	n/a		postfix-2.1.5-3
Red Hat EL 3	i386		postfix-2.1.5-3
Red Hat EL 2.1  i386            postfix-2.1.5-3
Fedora Core 2   i386            postfix-2.1.5-3
Fedora Core 1	i386		postfix-2.1.5-3
Red Hat 9       i386		postfix-2.1.5-3
Red Hat 8	i386		postfix-2.1.5-3
Red Hat 7.3	i386		postfix-2.1.5-3
Red Hat 7.2	i386		postfix-2.1.5-3

These rpms are also available for download from my yum repository.

A word of warning about the SPF patches. These do not work cleanly when used
with other options (like SASL/TLS/...) which makes them a little limited. I
still have to think of a cleaner solution to enabling them, but don't want to
have to (help) maintain several different patches according to which additional
patch SPF is being used with. Therefore please treat the SPF patches as beta
and possibly liable to be dropped if a clean solution to using SPF with other
Postfix patches does not materialise.

As usual please report any problems.

Regards,

Simon J Mudd
[*] Aaron has provided multiple verisions of the 2.1 and 2.0 RPMs but I may
remove them and just leave the standard rpms depending on space conditions.
| BODY of a message to majordomo at WL0.org                                  |