[Postfix-rpm-announce] yum users - check your yum.conf

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Mon May 23 22:42:39 CEST 2005

Hello all,

Just a quick note to those of you who update your rpms from my yum
repository.

If you use my yum repository to retrieve the lastest "Postfix rpm" please
check which version of Postfix you are actually retrieving.  My yum
repository for Postfix 2.2 is NOT the same as the for Postfix 2.1 (and
earlier rpms).  If you have been using a Postfix 2.1 yum repository then
the Postfix rpm will NOT be upgraded to 2.2 unless you update your yum
configuration[1].

I'm sending you this message because I've just noticed that _I_ have
made this mistake.

Regards,

Simon J Mudd
[1] It _should_ be safe to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 this way but do make
sure you backup your config files just in case.