[Postfix-rpm-announce] Updates to postfix-2.3 and postfix-2.4 RPMs available

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Wed May 9 18:49:16 CEST 2007

I'm pleased to announce the latest versions of my latest Postfix 2.3 and 2.4 RPMs.

Postfix-2.4 RPMS now available for
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5, 4, 3
- Fedora Core 5, 4
- RedHat 9, 8

Postfix-2.3 RPMS should be available for
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4, 3
- Fedora Core 5, 4
- RedHat 9, 8, 73

The Source RPM should also build on other RHEL clones and probably later
Fedora releases.  When building from the source package several different
options can be included.

Changes since previous version
------------------------------

Postfix-2.4
- build on RHEL5, 4, Fedora 5, 4, RedHat 9, 8
- Update to postfix 2.4.1
- Only adjust /etc/dovecot.conf if the file actually exists.
    Suggestion from Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net>

Postfix-2.3
- Update to postfix-2.3.9
- Only adjust /etc/dovecot.conf if the file actually exists.
    Suggestion from Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net>

Relevent URLs and build information
-----------------------------------

Version:
     postfix-2.3.9
     postfix-2.4.1

Original Source Directory & file(s):
     ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/official/postfix-2.3.9.tar.gz
     ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/official/postfix-2.4.1.tar.gz

Postfix Source and binary packages:
     http://ftp.WL0.org/official/2.3/SRPMS/postfix-2.3.9-2.src.rpm
     http://ftp.WL0.org/official/2.4/SRPMS/postfix-2.4.1-2.src.rpm

Binary RPMs can be found under the appropriate 2.3 or 2.4 URL.

Please also consider using the mirrors. See:
     http://postfix.WL0.org/en/mirrors

Web Interface to CVS Repository of packaging files:
     http://www.WL0.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi

Please note my yum repository no longer works. Due to differences in
supporting different versions of yum and the fact that most people who
download my packages probably rebuild them with custom options I am no
longer going to support yum downloads from my site. Please excuse any
inconvenience that this may cause.

As usual please report any problems.

Regards,

Simon J Mudd