[postfix-es] Hotmail DAV vulnerability used for Spam injection

José Luis Tallón jltallon en adv-solutions.net
Dom Jun 8 15:45:31 CEST 2003

Hi all. I have just learnt about a vulnerability in Hotmail DAV service.
Read the full story at http://www.unicom.com/chrome/a/000262.html.

Guessing we might see a surge in UCE coming from Hotmail ( one of the
comments claim a 2200% increase in the last couple of months or so ) and
not knowing if you are already aware about it, i decided to send the link.

Meanwhile, I have quickly grafted a PCRE to block it ( might contain errors ):

/etc/postfix/body_checks.pcre

DAV;/  REJECT Not
   that clever trick, man!

it was derived from this header:

It might be deemed interesting to additionally reject all-numeric hostnames
(no PTR available), in which case we might arrive to this PCRE:

Rejecting reverse-resolvable hosts[ that is, non-numeric hostname ] seems
quite overkill, doesn't it?

I might have overlooked anything. As always, comments appreciated, YMMV, etc.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
	J.L.

-
Para ENVIAR mensajes a esta lista tienes que estar SUSCRITO a ella.
.
Envía la linea "unsubscribe postfix-es" en el cuerpo de un mensaje
a majordomo en WL0.org para quitarte de la lista.