Re: [Postfix-es] Distintos servidores SMTP según direccion destino

Simon Mudd sjmudd en pobox.com
Jue Jun 16 20:53:27 CEST 2005

toni at techno-sol.com (Toni Colet) writes:

> El problema está ahora en que el servidor smtp.isp.provider me rechaza
> el mail que se envia desde la máquina local porque, lógicamente, es necesario
> identificarse para que permita hacer el relay (es una cuenta de correo
> con usuario y contraseña)...
>
> Entonces *creo* que habría dos soluciones:
>
> 1) Poner el usuario y la contraseña en noséque fichero para que se identifique
> en el servidor smtp.isp.provider y así poder enviar el mail, o
>
> 2) Hacer que la máquina local se encargue ella misma de llevar el correo al destino,
> saltando el isp... (aunque eso no sé si catalogarlo como "Delirios de Grandeza" ;) )

La segunda se puede hacer perfectamente, pero si quieres usar la
opcion (1) tienes que configurar SASL para el cliente smtp.

Lee el SASL_README pero la parte que te interesa dice:

--- snip ---

Turn on client-side SASL authentication, and specify a table with
per-host or per-destination username and password information. Postfix
first looks up the server hostname; if no entry is found, then Postfix
looks up the destination domain name (usually, the right-hand part of
an email address).

    /etc/postfix/main.cf:
        smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes

    /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd:
        foo.com             username:password
        bar.com             username

Note: some SMTP servers support PLAIN or LOGIN authentication only. By
default, the Postfix SMTP client does not use authentication methods
that send plaintext passwords, and defers delivery with the following
error message: "Authentication failed: cannot SASL authenticate to
server". To enable plaintext authentication specify, for example:

    /etc/postfix/main.cf:
        smtp_sasl_security_options =

The SASL client password file is opened before the SMTP server enters
the optional chroot jail, so you can keep the file in /etc/postfix.

Note: Some SMTP servers support authentication mechanisms that,
although available on the client system, may not in practice work or
possess the appropriate credentials to authenticate to the server. It
is possible via the smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter parameter to further
restrict the list of server mechanisms that the smtp(8) client will
take into consideration.

The Postfix SMTP client is backwards compatible with SMTP servers that
use the non-standard "AUTH=method..." syntax in response to the EHLO
command; there is no Postfix client configuration needed to work
around it.
--- snip ---

Un saludo,

Simon