POSTFIX RPM: postfix-20010228[release]-3 packages released

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Fri Mar 23 22:06:02 CET 2001

	POSTFIX RPM PACKAGE ANNOUNCEMENT
	--------------------------------

This message is just to announce availabliltiy of the latest release
version of postfix in redhat RPM package format.

Changes from version -2.

Due to a difference between RedHat 6.x and RedHat 7.x a change I included
in the /etc/rc.d/init.d/postfix script causes the postfix init scripts in
RedHat 6.x to fail.  I've reverted the changes out (to maintain
compatibility between the two versions).

Built under: RedHat 7.0-1 and RedHat 6.2

Version: release-20010228
        snapshot-20010228

Original Source:
  ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/official/release-20010228.tar.gz
  ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/experimental/snapshot-20010228.tar.gz

Source RPM:
  http://www.pobox.com/~sjmudd/postfix/SRPMS/postfix-20010228release-3.src.rpm
  http://www.pobox.com/~sjmudd/postfix/SRPMS/postfix-20010228-3.src.rpm

Binary RPMs:
  http://www.pobox.com/~sjmudd/postfix/RPMS/i386/postfix-20010228release-3.i386.rpm
  http://www.pobox.com/~sjmudd/postfix/RPMS/i386/postfix-20010228release-3rh6.i386.rpm
  http://www.pobox.com/~sjmudd/postfix/RPMS/i386/postfix-20010228-3.i386.rpm
  http://www.pobox.com/~sjmudd/postfix/RPMS/i386/postfix-20010228-3rh6.i386.rpm

The SPEC file used to produce the postfix package and the patches I apply
are avaible from the src.rpm.  The versions in the SPECS and SOURCES
directories correspond to the latest snapshot version.

Note: upgrading from the snapshot version to the release version works.
To upgrade from the release version to the snapshot version (same version
and release number) requires adding the --force option to rpm.

The binary packages for RedHat 6.x (with the rh6 suffix) have been kindly
built by Ben Gross <bgross at bgross.com>.

You received this message because you asked me to advise you of changes in
the packages I produce.  If you want to be removed from this list please send
me an email to <sjmudd at pobox.com>.

Regards,

Simon J Mudd
--