[Postfix RPMs] postfix-20020107snapshot-1 released

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Wed Jan 9 17:20:25 CET 2002

This message is to announce availabliltiy of the latest experimental or
snapshot version of Postfix in RPM package format.

NOTE: This is close to being Wietse's next official version of Postfix.

      I've had to make several changes to this package in line with the
      changes he has included with this version so please let me know of
      any problems you experience.  I hope not to have done anything
      really silly.

      Should it be necessary to downgrade back to a
      Version pre-20020106 you will need to modify permissions and
      ownerships in /var/spool/postfix and settings in
      /etc/postfix/master.cf.

Changes since previous versions:
--------------------------------

- update to latest snapshot
- add a patch to fix TLS support for rh6.2 which was reported not to work
  correctly (those of you who use TLS with rh6.x please let me know if
  this works)
- add postdrop group (gid=90) creation during package install, now
  required by postfix.  If this gid conflicts with other software please
  let me know.
- include routines to upgrade current master.cf file so it will work with
  this version of postfix.
- remove /etc/postfix/install.cf file (no longer used)

Relevent URLs and build information:
------------------------------------

Built under: RedHat 7.2-1

Versions:
        snapshot-20020107

Original Source Directory & file(s):
        ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/
                experimental/snapshot-20020107.tar.gz

Postfix Source and binary packages:
        http://www.pobox.com/~sjmudd/postfix/ftp/
                SRPMS/postfix-20020107snapshot-1.src.rpm
                rh72/RPMS/i386/postfix-20020107snapshot-1.i386.rpm

or via anonymous ftp at ftp://ftp.ea4els.ampr.org/

Web Interface to CVS Repository of packaging files:
	http://www.ea4els.ampr.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi

As usual please report any problems to me.

Regards,

Simon J Mudd
--
Simon J Mudd,   Tel: +34-91-408 4878,  Mobile: +34-605-085 219
Madrid, Spain.  email: sjmudd at pobox.com,  Postfix RPM Packager