[Postfix RPMs] EXPERIMENTAL postfix-2.1.RC3.20040414-0.5 RPMs available

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Sun Apr 18 15:59:27 CEST 2004

Hello All,

I have been working on the new 2.1 RPMs for Postfix and think I am just
about ready.

I have produced the above mentioned RPM which builds successfully on
Whitebox Linux with standard options. I intend to check the build on other
platforms shortly.

Changes against 2.0.19:

- standard Postfix changes
- Packaging changes include:
  - move documentation to /usr/share/doc/postfix-<version>-documentation
    leaving symbolic links from /etc/postfix/readme and /etc/postfix/html
  - add /etc/postfix/postfix.spec.cf which shows the RPM configuration
    used. My intention is to modify make-postfix.spec to use this file
    so that building a newer rpm can be done with the currently run RPM
    values.
  - minor packaging cleanups
  - inclusion of SASL configs (taken from RedHat RPMs)

The RPMs can be obtained from:

	http://ftp.WL0.org/experimental/SRPMS/postfix-2.1.RC3.20040414-0.5.src.rpm
	http://ftp.WL0.org/experimental/RPMS-rhel3-i386/postfix-2.1.RC3.20040414-0.5.i386.rpm

I will attempt to build rh9, rh8, rh73 and rh72 rpms shortly.

I have not tested these rpms more than lightly, nor have I tested them
with the different options, so any feedback, positive or negative that you
can give me would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Simon
| BODY of a message to majordomo at WL0.org                                  |