[Postfix RPMs] postfix-1.1.7-2.101test available for TESTING

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Mon Apr 15 16:02:48 CEST 2002

I've made several changes to the last released version of my postfix
package and am calling for some testers to check that I've made no
mistakes.  I don't expect any problems.

DON'T use this package if they are used in anything close to a
"production" environment, just in case.

If you download the package and it works with no apparent ill-effects
please let me know.  It's currently running on my own machine.

Changes since previous version:
-------------------------------

- The binary I've built has ldap support included
- remove specific ids for postfix/postdrop user/groups.  RPM checks
  ownership/permissions by name so really all you need is a unique
  system user/group - the actual ID is not relevant.
- Update TLS patches to 1.1.7
- spec file renaming of macros (no functional changes)
- change of chroot building process, now using rpm trigger macros
  which ensure that upgrading glibc, ldap, ... packages will be
  reflected in the chroot environment.

Relevent URLs and build information:
------------------------------------

Built under: RedHat 7.2-1

Version:
        postfix-1.1.7

Original Source Directory & file(s):
        ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/
                official/postfix-1.1.7.tar.gz

Postfix Source and binary packages:
        http://pobox.com/~sjmudd/postfix/ftp/
                experimental/postfix-1.1.7-2.101test.ldap.src.rpm
                experimental/postfix-1.1.7-2.101test.ldap.i386.rpm

or via anonymous ftp at
	ftp://ftp.WL0.org/		Madrid, Spain
	ftp://ftp.everdigital.org/	Houston, Texas, USA
	ftp://ftp.shuttleamerica.com	Windsor Locks, Connecticut, USA

or rsync at
        rsync.shuttleamerica.com::postfix

For those of you who are interested you can see the exact differences via
the web interface to my CVS repository at:

        http://www.WL0.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi

As usual please report any problems to me.

Regards,

Simon J Mudd
--
Simon J Mudd,   Tel: +34-91-408 4878,  Mobile: +34-605-085 219
Madrid, Spain.  email: sjmudd at pobox.com,  Postfix RPM Packager

| BODY of a message to majordomo at WL0.org                                  |