[Postfix RPMs] Test release of postfix-2.0.13-3 RPMs

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Sat Jul 12 15:28:58 CEST 2003

I think I've resolved the problems encountered in 2.0.13-2 but I'd like to
double check that I've not missed anything.

Problem: Some of the scripts executed by RPM on upgrade/install could
return a non-0 exit status. This caused RPM to stop the installation or
upgrade in mid-process potentially leaving both copies of the package
partially installed.

I've made some changes to ensure that except under very unusual situations
the upgrade/install scripts should not now cause this problem.

I've produced some 2.0.13-3 RPMs and they can currently be found in:

	ftp://ftp.WL0.org/testing
	http://postfix.WL0.org/ftp/testing

There are binary RPMS for rh6x, rh72, rh73, rh8 and rh9.
The source rpm is also included.

I'd appreciate any of you who have time over the weekend to test the
package and report the results to me.  Please let me know whether you
perform a new install or upgrade (and from which version you upgrade -
check before starting) and if you build a custom package from the src rpm
which options you enabled/disabled.

If I get some feedback and no-one reports any problems then I'll move
these files over to their normal place on my server for Monday.

Simon
--
Simon J Mudd, Postfix RPM Packager, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
email: sjmudd at pobox.com, Tel: +31-627-592 627, http://postfix.WL0.org

| BODY of a message to majordomo at WL0.org                                  |